Sixteen Years Ago today...

On this day in 1992 I married my love of a lifetime, Ronnie Earl Gordon.
As I sit back and look over the years so many things flood through my mind...Here are just a few:

*Wow, how time has gone by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday Courtney was a toddler running around our first apartment on West High, Ron had a mullet (lol) and I was beginning the dream of my life. To be a Mother, Wife and Homemaker. When other kids were dreaming of being nurses and teachers, I was dreaming of a Little house on the prairie kinda life. (except with all the enmities of today of course :) ). Today in that area not much has changed. I am a mother of two wonderful children and God has blessed our family that I am able to stay home and be the wife and homemaker I always dreamed of being. Thank You God.

*God has been so good to us. He has always been watching over us even when we were first married and not living for him. How He set up His plan for our life and started drawing us into a relationship with Him. How so many things fell together that I never knew could have happy endings. But that was just it...God worked all those things for good. How much He must love us! I thank Him today for His many blessings. For him bringing Ron into my life on that fateful night oh so long ago...coming to be my night in shining armor :) (if you don't know the story of how we met, it's really great! Ask sometime!) He knew just what I needed in a husband.

*Marriage has really been hard work! And let me just say it has been worth it all! And God made it happen. I can say with certainty if it weren't for Him coming into my life at the time He did, we would be another statistic like so many in this world who give up on their marriage.

*My love has grown in ways that I never knew possible. When we were married I never thought I would love Ron so much more, for I already loved him sooo much. However I love him more and more each day. He has been a wonderful husband, lover, father, teacher, preacher, provider, comforter, encourager and oh so much more.

I love you sweetheart! Happy Anniversary!

1 comments:

maila said...

Sixteen years? Say it isn't so!!! That just makes me feel really really old. Highlights from your wedding include: wearing that maid of honor dress, Andy ALMOST punching out a certain someone who will remain nameless during the reception, your dad threatening to punch out Andy if he in any way shape or form ruined his baby girl's wedding and of course the love that you and Ron shared for each other. Then and now. I feel priviledged to have been there from the beginning til now. Good times and bad. It has been fun watching your relationship grow and blossom through the years. God really does take all things and work them for His good doesn't he? And I concur 100%. Marriage is hard work!! That's why we should all have God stuck right there in the middle. To help us keep our priorities straight. He's a great mediator when tension starts rising:) Anyways, thanks to you and Ron for letting me be a part of your wedding and life thus far. Here's to the next 80 fun filled years!!

Love you guys
Lori

By the way I can very clearly remember Courtney as a toddler at that apartment. She was just as cute then as she is now!!